PowerPoint Templates and Projection Images
Faculty, staff and students often make PowerPoint presentations on and off campus. Every speaking engagement is an opportunity to incorporate the UNCG brand and your affiliation with UNCG. To maintain a consistent look for audiences, a series of projection images, PowerPoint themes and Google Presentation templates are available for presentation needs.
Use a Projection Image when a standalone entry slide is needed to project behind a speaker. To download the desired projection image, click on the appropriate link below:
Projection Image: Abbreviated Name
Projection Image: Full Name
PowerPoint Themes and Google Presentation Templates
Four templates options are available – each one as a PowerPoint Theme or as a Google Presentation Template:
Microsoft PowerPoint 2010 templates with UNCG branding have been created to incorporate the UNCG colors, fonts, and logo. The PowerPoint templates are provided as PowerPoint Themes files (.thmx) instead of just template files (.potx). The advantage of Theme files is that it enables the UNCG color palette and font selections to be packaged with the file and available when creating a slide presentation utilizing one of these UNCG theme files.
Download and Install a PowerPoint Theme (For MAC and PC):
1. Click on the download link for “PowerPoint Theme” under the template you wish to download to download.
2. Save the a ZIP (.zip) file to your desktop and unzip the file.
3. Copy the unzipped Theme file (.thmx) from your desktop to the template folder under your profile. Your profile folder may vary depends on the Operating System:
For Windows 7 and Vista:
For Windows XP:
“C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates\Document Themes\”
NOTE: Make sure to replace UserName in the previous folder names with your own username. Also, sometimes, the profile folder is stored on other drives instead of C drive.
NOTE: You must be an Administrator on the computer you are using in order to install the template files.
NOTE: On Mac, using Microsoft Office 2011, the themes folder is “Users Folder/Library/Application Support/Microsoft/Office/Templates/User Templates/My Themes”.
NOTE: On Mac, using Microsoft Office 2008, the templates folder is “Applications Folder/Microsoft Office/Templates/My Templates”.
Apply a Design Theme:
1. Open Microsoft PowerPoint 2010 Application
2. Open a new or existing PowerPoint presentation. Click on the “Design Tab” of the ribbon navigation in PowerPoint.
3. The design themes that are immediately visible on the Design tab of the ribbon are not all the themes available. Click the drop down arrow to the right of the Themes icons to reveal all of the available design themes at one time.
4. In the “Custom” area of the Theme menu that appears, icons for the UNCG Powerpoint Theme(s) that you downloaded and installed should appear.
6. Click the design theme icon when you find one that suits your needs. This will apply that theme to your presentation.
Google Presentation Templates
As an alternative to Microsoft PowerPoint, UNCG faculty, staff and students can create Google presentations using their iSpartan account. Templates similar to those provided for PowerPoint Themes are available in the UNCG templates gallery.
How to find a Google Presentation template in your iSpartan account:
1. Select Create New > From template…
2. In the “UNCG Templates” tab, in the left-hand menu choose Narrow by Type > Presentations…
3. Browse for the 4 Google Presentation templates submitted by “Brand Aid” from University Relations.
Alternately, click on the appropriate Google Presentation link above to go directly to the templates. If not logged into their iSpartan account, users will be required to do so before accessing the templates.