Erin Ellis (Communication Studies) is the UNCG Speaking Center’s new assistant director. Ellis will oversee the center’s oral communication workshop program. Workshops are developed and facilitated by speaking center employees for UNCG students, staff and faculty audiences at the request of faculty, student groups and other campus leaders. Ellis, as a graduate student, co-authored the National Association of Communication Centers’ Joyce Ferguson Top Paper. She has worked at the center five years, and is a new faculty member in Communication Studies. The center will open for the fall semester in September. [This post edited Aug. 17, 8 a.m.]
Campus Weekly is published each Wednesday when classes are in session. In the summer, it is published biweekly.
Play, ‘Common Enemy’
Friday, June 26, 8 p.m., Triad Stage
Children’s play, ‘The Boy Who Loved Monsters’
Saturday, June 27, 10 a.m., Brown Building Theatre
Art happening, Spoonmosa Sunday
Sunday, June 28, 1 p.m., Weatherspoon
Independence Day holiday observed. Offices closed.
Friday, July 3
- Corinthian bankruptcy suit includes call for repayment freeze and asset sales
- What's at stake when universities raise their minimum wage?
- Senator McCaskill suggests 'removing' campus crime disclosure law
- Survey finds academics in Ireland believe their working conditions have deteriorated
- New presidents or provosts: Andrew Appalachian Cowley El Camino Ferris Georgian Court Lone Star Macalester MICA Villanova