Erin Ellis (Communication Studies) is the UNCG Speaking Center’s new assistant director. Ellis will oversee the center’s oral communication workshop program. Workshops are developed and facilitated by speaking center employees for UNCG students, staff and faculty audiences at the request of faculty, student groups and other campus leaders. Ellis, as a graduate student, co-authored the National Association of Communication Centers’ Joyce Ferguson Top Paper. She has worked at the center five years, and is a new faculty member in Communication Studies. The center will open for the fall semester in September. [This post edited Aug. 17, 8 a.m.]
Campus Weekly is published each Wednesday when classes are in session. In the summer, it is published biweekly.
Spartan Service Day
Saturday, Aug. 27, 9 a.m.
Women’s Soccer vs. Wake Forest
Sunday, Aug. 28, 4 p.m.
Faculty Senate meeting
Wednesday, Aug. 31, 3 p.m.
Fall Kickoff for students
Tuesday, Aug. 23, 11 a.m., College Avenue
Chad Eby Quintet, ‘Miles and Coltrane at 90’
Friday, Sept. 2, 7:30 p.m., The Crown, Carolina Theatre
Staff Senate meeting
Thursday, Sept. 8, 10 a.m., Moran Commons, Room 109
Saturday, Sept. 11, 7:30 p.m., UNCG Auditorium
- U of Chicago warns incoming students not to expect safe spaces or trigger warnings
- Iowa regulator agreed with Ashford University's complaint about meddling by federal and California agencies
- New presidents or provosts: Connecticut State GWU Maharishi Richland Santa Barbara/Ventura St. Charles Sciences Scripps South Carolina State Springfield Ventura
- Gunmen Attack Campus of American University of Afghanistan
- U Michigan has one of the country's oldest graduate student unions and that hasn't held it back