Erin Ellis (Communication Studies) is the UNCG Speaking Center’s new assistant director. Ellis will oversee the center’s oral communication workshop program. Workshops are developed and facilitated by speaking center employees for UNCG students, staff and faculty audiences at the request of faculty, student groups and other campus leaders. Ellis, as a graduate student, co-authored the National Association of Communication Centers’ Joyce Ferguson Top Paper. She has worked at the center five years, and is a new faculty member in Communication Studies. The center will open for the fall semester in September. [This post edited Aug. 17, 8 a.m.]
Campus Weekly is published each Wednesday when classes are in session. In the summer, it is published biweekly.
Thursday, April 28
Employee field day
Friday, April 29, Foust Park
UNCG Baseball vs. Samford
Friday, April 29, 6 p.m.
UNCG MFA Artist Talks + Opening Reception
Sunday, May 1, 2 p.m., Weatherspoon Art Museum
2016 Spring Commencement Ceremony
Friday, May 6, 10 a.m., Greensboro Coliseum
UNCG Softball vs. Samford (dh)
Saturday, May 7, 1 p.m.
- Higher ed groups say teacher prep rules 'discriminate' against distance education providers
- Minority students at U of Kansas create parallel student government
- What a new tax bill means for Yale
- Study finds comparatively good outcomes for community college transfers
- New presidents or provosts: Fitchburg Houston Miami New Mexico Tech Rockford St. Andrews Southern Whitewater