Erin Ellis (Communication Studies) is the UNCG Speaking Center’s new assistant director. Ellis will oversee the center’s oral communication workshop program. Workshops are developed and facilitated by speaking center employees for UNCG students, staff and faculty audiences at the request of faculty, student groups and other campus leaders. Ellis, as a graduate student, co-authored the National Association of Communication Centers’ Joyce Ferguson Top Paper. She has worked at the center five years, and is a new faculty member in Communication Studies. The center will open for the fall semester in September. [This post edited Aug. 17, 8 a.m.]
Campus Weekly is published each Wednesday when classes are in session. In the summer, it is published biweekly.
Talk, Saundra Westervelt, on ‘Life After Death Row’
Wednesday, March 5, noon, Faculty Center
Baseball vs. East Carolina
Wednesday, March 5, 4 p.m.
Faculty Center Takeover, Tracing Human Culture Through History of Beer
Thursday, March 6, 4 p.m., sponsored by FTLC / Anthropology
Friends of the Libraries event, Nikki Giovanni
Thursday, March 6, 6 p.m., Cone Ballroom, EUC
Noon at the ‘Spoon, art tour
Tuesday, March 11, Weatherspoon
Softball vs. Georgia Southern
Saturday, March 15, 1 p.m.
Baseball vs. Princeton
Monday, March 17, 6 p.m.
- Tate Street landmark Addam’s Bookstore will close
- UNCG Reduction-in-Force (RIF) Plan Calendar and Timeline
- David Nelson is Faculty Director of QEP
- Budget reduction discussion at today’s UNCG Faculty Senate mtg
- 2013 UNCG Summer Camps
- Faculty/staff Excellence Awards April 4
- What's for Lunch? UNCG Dining Services' New Options
- Steve Haines comes back for a second lease on his musical life
- UNCG Planetarium Spring 2014 shows
- UNCG is ‘Tree Campus USA’ for fifth straight year
Mike Harris 256-0230 email@example.com
Campus Weekly art director:
Mark Unrue 334-4745 firstname.lastname@example.org