Erin Ellis (Communication Studies) is the UNCG Speaking Center’s new assistant director. Ellis will oversee the center’s oral communication workshop program. Workshops are developed and facilitated by speaking center employees for UNCG students, staff and faculty audiences at the request of faculty, student groups and other campus leaders. Ellis, as a graduate student, co-authored the National Association of Communication Centers’ Joyce Ferguson Top Paper. She has worked at the center five years, and is a new faculty member in Communication Studies. The center will open for the fall semester in September. [This post edited Aug. 17, 8 a.m.]
Campus Weekly is published each Wednesday when classes are in session. In the summer, it is published biweekly.
Men’s soccer vs. Guilford College (exhibition)
Wednesday, Aug. 20, 7 p.m.
Women’s soccer vs. Charlotte
Friday, Aug. 22, 7 p.m.
Spartan Service Day
Saturday, Aug. 23, 8:30 a.m.
Men’s soccer vs. Liberty (exhibition)
Saturday, Aug. 23, 7 p.m.
Women’s soccer vs. Army
Friday, Aug. 29, 6 p.m.
Men’s soccer vs. Campbell
Friday, Aug. 29, 8 p.m.
Faculty Senate meeting
Wednesday, Sept. 3, 3 p.m.
- New report on international admissions at U.S. graduate schools shows continued growth and shifting student mix
- Community college that serves Ferguson, Mo., has high aspirations -- but low graduation rates
- New presidents or provosts: Brown Carroll Lehigh Carbon NIU Salus Scranton Vanguard TTU
- College-level statistics trumps remedial algebra in CUNY study
- Study examines professors' writing assignments for students