See QR codes near the McIver Building? University Libraries created a video of the McIver buildings’ histories. Visitors to the present building can utilize the QR code with their smartphone to get an instant history lesson. Check out the video.
Campus Weekly is published each Wednesday when classes are in session. In the summer, it is published biweekly.
Faculty Senate Meeting
Wednesday, Sept. 2, 3 p.m., Alumni House
Poetry reading, Ansel Elkins
Thursday, Sept. 3, 7 p.m., Maple Room, EUC
Staff Senate meeting
Thursday, Sept. 10, 10 a.m., Alumni House
Saturday, Sept. 12, 7:30 p.m., Aycock Auditorium
Board of Trustees meeting
Friday, Sept. 11, 8:30 a.m, Alumni House
EUC Blood Drive
Tuesday, Sept. 15, all day, Cone Ballroom, EUC
Women’s soccer vs. defending NCAA champion Florida St.
Thursday, Sept. 17, 7 p.m.
- Readers’ Definitions of Ed-Tech Buzzwords: Confusion and Skepticism Continue
- As Coursera Evolves, Colleges Stay On and Investors Buy In
- How an App Helps Low-Income Students by Turning College Life Into a Game
- ‘Machine Teaching’ Is Seen as Way to Develop Personalized Curricula
- Following the Money in Ed-Tech Investment: Number of Mergers Grows
- Deal changes governance at Cooper Union and could lead to end of tuition
- Advocates of free two-year college agree debt-free movement is a help
- U of Central Florida increases class sizes with live-streamed lectures
- Changing search process and nontraditional candidate rankle some at the University of Iowa
- AAUP report alleges violations of academic freedom, due process in new report on professor's termination by LSU