Dr. Carol Mullen (ELC-SOE) was featured in the Ontario Institute for Studies in Education “Advancement newsletter” (Dec. 7, 2011) under “ALUMNI PROFILE.” It reads in part: “Since graduating from OISE in 1994, Carol Mullen has been busy. In addition to authoring more than 160 articles and 15 books, Carol is professor and chair in ELC at UNCG. She’s got a new book coming out. Carol’s specialty is in democratic learning approaches to mentoring and leadership within K–12 and university settings and has been in her current role since 2007. She completed her doctorate at OISE back in 1994. Carol served as editor of the Mentoring & Tutoring: Partnership in Learning journal (Routledge) from 2003–2011, and her authorships include more than 160 articles, 15 special issues of refereed journals, in addition to 15 books. In 2012, Carol is releasing yet another book entitled The SAGE Handbook of Mentoring and Coaching in Education (co-edited volume, SAGE, 2012) of which she is the co-editor.”
Campus Weekly is published each Wednesday when classes are in session. In the summer, it is published biweekly.
Talk, Saundra Westervelt, on ‘Life After Death Row’
Wednesday, March 5, noon, Faculty Center
Baseball vs. East Carolina
Wednesday, March 5, 4 p.m.
Faculty Center Takeover, Tracing Human Culture Through History of Beer
Thursday, March 6, 4 p.m., sponsored by FTLC / Anthropology
Friends of the Libraries event, Nikki Giovanni
Thursday, March 6, 6 p.m., Cone Ballroom, EUC
Noon at the ‘Spoon, art tour
Tuesday, March 11, Weatherspoon
Softball vs. Georgia Southern
Saturday, March 15, 1 p.m.
Baseball vs. Princeton
Monday, March 17, 6 p.m.
- Tate Street landmark Addam’s Bookstore will close
- UNCG Reduction-in-Force (RIF) Plan Calendar and Timeline
- David Nelson is Faculty Director of QEP
- 2013 UNCG Summer Camps
- Budget reduction discussion at today’s UNCG Faculty Senate mtg
- Faculty/staff Excellence Awards April 4
- What's for Lunch? UNCG Dining Services' New Options
- Steve Haines comes back for a second lease on his musical life
- UNCG Planetarium Spring 2014 shows
- UNCG is ‘Tree Campus USA’ for fifth straight year
Mike Harris 256-0230 firstname.lastname@example.org
Campus Weekly art director:
Mark Unrue 334-4745 email@example.com