Dr. Carol Mullen (ELC-SOE) was featured in the Ontario Institute for Studies in Education “Advancement newsletter” (Dec. 7, 2011) under “ALUMNI PROFILE.” It reads in part: “Since graduating from OISE in 1994, Carol Mullen has been busy. In addition to authoring more than 160 articles and 15 books, Carol is professor and chair in ELC at UNCG. She’s got a new book coming out. Carol’s specialty is in democratic learning approaches to mentoring and leadership within K–12 and university settings and has been in her current role since 2007. She completed her doctorate at OISE back in 1994. Carol served as editor of the Mentoring & Tutoring: Partnership in Learning journal (Routledge) from 2003–2011, and her authorships include more than 160 articles, 15 special issues of refereed journals, in addition to 15 books. In 2012, Carol is releasing yet another book entitled The SAGE Handbook of Mentoring and Coaching in Education (co-edited volume, SAGE, 2012) of which she is the co-editor.”
Campus Weekly is published each Wednesday when classes are in session. In the summer, it is published biweekly.
Play, ‘Common Enemy’
Friday, June 26, 8 p.m., Triad Stage
Children’s play, ‘The Boy Who Loved Monsters’
Saturday, June 27, 10 a.m., Brown Building Theatre
Art happening, Spoonmosa Sunday
Sunday, June 28, 1 p.m., Weatherspoon
Independence Day holiday observed. Offices closed.
Friday, July 3
- Corinthian bankruptcy suit includes call for repayment freeze and asset sales
- What's at stake when universities raise their minimum wage?
- Senator McCaskill suggests 'removing' campus crime disclosure law
- Survey finds academics in Ireland believe their working conditions have deteriorated
- New presidents or provosts: Andrew Appalachian Cowley El Camino Ferris Georgian Court Lone Star Macalester MICA Villanova