Dr. Carol Mullen (ELC-SOE) was featured in the Ontario Institute for Studies in Education “Advancement newsletter” (Dec. 7, 2011) under “ALUMNI PROFILE.” It reads in part: “Since graduating from OISE in 1994, Carol Mullen has been busy. In addition to authoring more than 160 articles and 15 books, Carol is professor and chair in ELC at UNCG. She’s got a new book coming out. Carol’s specialty is in democratic learning approaches to mentoring and leadership within K–12 and university settings and has been in her current role since 2007. She completed her doctorate at OISE back in 1994. Carol served as editor of the Mentoring & Tutoring: Partnership in Learning journal (Routledge) from 2003–2011, and her authorships include more than 160 articles, 15 special issues of refereed journals, in addition to 15 books. In 2012, Carol is releasing yet another book entitled The SAGE Handbook of Mentoring and Coaching in Education (co-edited volume, SAGE, 2012) of which she is the co-editor.”
Campus Weekly is published each Wednesday when classes are in session. In the summer, it is published biweekly.
Thursday, April 28
Employee field day
Friday, April 29, Foust Park
UNCG Baseball vs. Samford
Friday, April 29, 6 p.m.
UNCG MFA Artist Talks + Opening Reception
Sunday, May 1, 2 p.m., Weatherspoon Art Museum
2016 Spring Commencement Ceremony
Friday, May 6, 10 a.m., Greensboro Coliseum
UNCG Softball vs. Samford (dh)
Saturday, May 7, 1 p.m.
- Higher ed groups say teacher prep rules 'discriminate' against distance education providers
- Minority students at U of Kansas create parallel student government
- What a new tax bill means for Yale
- Study finds comparatively good outcomes for community college transfers
- New presidents or provosts: Fitchburg Houston Miami New Mexico Tech Rockford St. Andrews Southern Whitewater