What a (road) trip. First, interim men’s basketball coach Wes Miller’s first win as a head coach, as the team defeats one of the SoCon’s preseason favorites, College of Charleston, coached by Bobby Cremins. Then one of the wildest finishes to a game you’ll ever see, at The Citadel. Cris Belvin posted the only known video footage – seen here – of the alley-oop inbounds play to Trevis Simpson with 0.6 seconds. The team had never practiced this particular play, Miller said afterward. He drew it up based on a Knicks play he’d seen. It worked.
Campus Weekly is published each Wednesday when classes are in session. In the summer, it is published biweekly.
Film, ‘How to Cook Your Life’
Thursday, July 24, 7 p.m., Weatherspoon
‘Matisse and His Muses’ exhibition opens
Saturday, Aug. 2, Weatherspoon
UNCG New Faculty Orientation begins
Monday, Aug. 11, noon, Weatherspoon
Noon @ the ‘Spoon art tour
Tuesday, Aug. 12, Weatherspoon
Chancellor’s State of the Campus address
Wednesday, Aug. 13, 10:30 a.m., Aycock Auditorium
Staff Senate meeting
Thursday, Aug. 14, 10 a.m., Alumni House
- What’s in an Ed-Tech Name? Here’s All U Need 2Gnō
- With Scrim and Rolling Desks, a Journalism School Seeks a Tech Edge
- Should You Build a Data Center Today? 2 Universities, 2 Answers
- Would Graduate School Work Better if You Never Graduated From It?
- QuickWire: College and Library Groups Petition FCC on Net Neutrality