What a (road) trip. First, interim men’s basketball coach Wes Miller’s first win as a head coach, as the team defeats one of the SoCon’s preseason favorites, College of Charleston, coached by Bobby Cremins. Then one of the wildest finishes to a game you’ll ever see, at The Citadel. Cris Belvin posted the only known video footage – seen here – of the alley-oop inbounds play to Trevis Simpson with 0.6 seconds. The team had never practiced this particular play, Miller said afterward. He drew it up based on a Knicks play he’d seen. It worked.
Campus Weekly is published each Wednesday when classes are in session. In the summer, it is published biweekly.
Alumni Reading: Julie Funderburk
Thursday, Dec. 1, 7 p.m., Faculty Center
Women’s Basketball vs. Radford
Friday, Dec. 2, 7 p.m., Fleming Gymnasium
Ashby Dialogues: “Race, Activism and Campus Speech”
Friday, Dec. 2, noon, Alumni House, Pecky Cypress Room
Symphony Orchestra with Lynn Harrell, cello
Friday, Dec. 3, 7:30 p.m., UNCG Auditorium
Guest Artist: Lynn Harrell, cello
Saturday, Dec. 4, 8 p.m., Recital Hall
UNCG URSCO Open House
Tuesday, Dec. 6, 11 a.m., Room 132, McIver Building
Chancellor’s Holiday Open House followed by Vacc Bell Tower lighting
Tuesday, Dec. 6, 4 p.m., Alumni House
- Southern California professor stabbed to death by student
- Ohio State administrator faces calls for her dismissal after she calls for compassion for student who stabbed others
- Pulse podcast features interview about Sway, Microsoft's new presentation software
- In outlining commitments to undocumented immigrant students, some presidents avoid term 'sanctuary'
- College police say recent incidents serve as reminder of dangers of the job