What a (road) trip. First, interim men’s basketball coach Wes Miller’s first win as a head coach, as the team defeats one of the SoCon’s preseason favorites, College of Charleston, coached by Bobby Cremins. Then one of the wildest finishes to a game you’ll ever see, at The Citadel. Cris Belvin posted the only known video footage – seen here – of the alley-oop inbounds play to Trevis Simpson with 0.6 seconds. The team had never practiced this particular play, Miller said afterward. He drew it up based on a Knicks play he’d seen. It worked.
Campus Weekly is published each Wednesday when classes are in session. In the summer, it is published biweekly.
Faculty Senate meeting
Wednesday, Oct. 7, 3 p.m., Alumni House
Staff Senate meeting, with Chancellor Gilliam
Thursday, Oct. 8, Alumni House, 10 a.m.
Talk, NC Poet Laureate Shelby Stephenson
Thursday, Oct. 8, time, Jackson Library, Hodges Reading Room
Jason Brennan, Georgetown, “Why Most Americans Shouldn’t Vote”
Thursday Oct. 8, 4 p.m., School of Education Building, 226
Noon @ the ‘Spoon art tour
Tuesday, Oct. 13
Volleyball vs. Citadel
Wednesday, Oct. 14, 6 p.m.
Forum for AVC for Human Resources candidate
Thursday, Oct. 15, 11:30 a.m., Maple Room, EUC
Staff Senate led ‘Workday in the Sullivan Garden’
Thursday, Oct. 15, 2 p.m., Greenway (details: 6-0426)
- Can Online Education Help Refugees Earn Degrees?
- How Student Video Presentations Can Build Community in an Online Course
- Academic Social Network Hopes to Change the Culture of Peer Review
- What the Results of a Survey of Coursera Students Mean for Online Learning
- UMUC Plans to Create a Company to Help Colleges Harness Big Data
- Army restructures educational system to resemble civilian universities
- Illinois legislators scrutinize college executives' pay and exit packages
- Anthropology association task force recommends the group take action in response to Israeli-Palestinian conflict
- Study explores preparation and outcomes of 2- and 4-year college students
- Clifton Wharton discusses his new autobiography