What a (road) trip. First, interim men’s basketball coach Wes Miller’s first win as a head coach, as the team defeats one of the SoCon’s preseason favorites, College of Charleston, coached by Bobby Cremins. Then one of the wildest finishes to a game you’ll ever see, at The Citadel. Cris Belvin posted the only known video footage – seen here – of the alley-oop inbounds play to Trevis Simpson with 0.6 seconds. The team had never practiced this particular play, Miller said afterward. He drew it up based on a Knicks play he’d seen. It worked.
Campus Weekly is published each Wednesday when classes are in session. In the summer, it is published biweekly.
MLK Jr Celebration: An Evening with DeRay Mckesson
Wednesday, Jan. 18, 7 p.m, UNCG Auditorium
Artist talk: Eric Juth
Thursday, Jan. 19, Gatewood Studio Art Center Gallery
Exhibition opening, Photography of Bayard Wootten
Friday, Jan. 20, 5 p.m., GPS, Lewis Street
Men’s basketball vs. The Citadel – Faculty/Staff Appreciation game
Saturday, Jan. 21, 5 p.m.
Film/discussion: “Starving the Beast,” co-sponsored by Faculty Senate
Monday, Jan. 30, 6 p.m., EUC Auditorium
- College Republicans react to Trump inauguration
- Shooting at U of Washington as tensions grow over Milo Yiannopoulos speeches
- Tens of thousands of college students and professors march in Washington
- Pitt arts and sciences faculty divided over proposal to eliminate foreign language exemption
- Power Five leagues adopt new rules lessening time demands