Biscuitville is challenging Greensboro-area college students to create a product that will attract new users, ages 18-35, to Biscuitville restaurants. Among the education objectives are to develop and demonstrate leadership, communication and entrepreneurial skills. Teams must be made of currently enrolled college students from UNCG, NC A&T State University, Greensboro College, Guilford College, Bennett College, Elon University and Guilford Technical Community College. Each team must submit a product proposal online by March 2, 2012, at midnight. The winner will be announced at the Biscuits & Business Breakfast on April 20, 2012, from 8:30 at the Joint School of Nanoscience and Nanoengineering. Details here.
Campus Weekly is published each Wednesday when classes are in session. In the summer, it is published biweekly.
Film, ‘How to Cook Your Life’
Thursday, July 24, 7 p.m., Weatherspoon
‘Matisse and His Muses’ exhibition opens
Saturday, Aug. 2, Weatherspoon
UNCG New Faculty Orientation begins
Monday, Aug. 11, noon, Weatherspoon
Noon @ the ‘Spoon art tour
Tuesday, Aug. 12, Weatherspoon
Chancellor’s State of the Campus address
Wednesday, Aug. 13, 10:30 a.m., Aycock Auditorium
Staff Senate meeting
Thursday, Aug. 14, 10 a.m., Alumni House
- With Scrim and Rolling Desks, a Journalism School Seeks a Tech Edge
- Should You Build a Data Center Today? 2 Universities, 2 Answers
- Would Graduate School Work Better if You Never Graduated From It?
- QuickWire: College and Library Groups Petition FCC on Net Neutrality
- QuickWire: Desire2Learn Rebrands and Adds Partners
- Faculty members at Upper Iowa U. say they lost jobs for questioning curricular changes
- A (slightly) more nuanced Bill Gates offers vision of higher education
- California State U. System nixes online degree arm for shared services model
- Higher education urged to play more of a role in Common Core
- Colleges award tenure