Biscuitville is challenging Greensboro-area college students to create a product that will attract new users, ages 18-35, to Biscuitville restaurants. Among the education objectives are to develop and demonstrate leadership, communication and entrepreneurial skills. Teams must be made of currently enrolled college students from UNCG, NC A&T State University, Greensboro College, Guilford College, Bennett College, Elon University and Guilford Technical Community College. Each team must submit a product proposal online by March 2, 2012, at midnight. The winner will be announced at the Biscuits & Business Breakfast on April 20, 2012, from 8:30 at the Joint School of Nanoscience and Nanoengineering. Details here.
Campus Weekly is published each Wednesday when classes are in session. In the summer, it is published biweekly.
Gilbert & Sullivan’s ‘Ruddigore’ or ‘The Witch’s Curse’
June 16, 7:30 p.m., UNCG Auditorium
Reading, ‘Modern Art on Display,’ Dr. K. Porter Aichele
June 23, 6:30 p.m., Weatherspoon Art Museum
12 Annual Summer Solstice Party
June 24, 6:30 p.m., Weatherspoon Art Museum
Opening, ‘Henri Matisse: Selections from Claribel and Etta Cone Collection’
June 25, Weatherspoon Art Museum
Independence Day holiday
Monday, July 4, classes dismissed; offices closed
- With Brexit win, universities face 'significant challenges'
- Federal panel votes to terminate ACICS and tightens screws on other accreditors
- Supreme Court upholds consideration of race in admissions
- U.S. expands Pell Grant program to 12,000 in prison
- Memorial to Fallen Educators adds names from colleges and universities