Biscuitville is challenging Greensboro-area college students to create a product that will attract new users, ages 18-35, to Biscuitville restaurants. Among the education objectives are to develop and demonstrate leadership, communication and entrepreneurial skills. Teams must be made of currently enrolled college students from UNCG, NC A&T State University, Greensboro College, Guilford College, Bennett College, Elon University and Guilford Technical Community College. Each team must submit a product proposal online by March 2, 2012, at midnight. The winner will be announced at the Biscuits & Business Breakfast on April 20, 2012, from 8:30 at the Joint School of Nanoscience and Nanoengineering. Details here.
Campus Weekly is published each Wednesday when classes are in session. In the summer, it is published biweekly.
Film, ‘How to Cook Your Life’
Thursday, July 24, 7 p.m., Weatherspoon
‘Matisse and His Muses’ exhibition opens
Saturday, Aug. 2, Weatherspoon
UNCG New Faculty Orientation begins
Monday, Aug. 11, noon, Weatherspoon
Noon @ the ‘Spoon art tour
Tuesday, Aug. 12, Weatherspoon
Chancellor’s State of the Campus address
Wednesday, Aug. 13, 10:30 a.m., Aycock Auditorium
Staff Senate meeting
Thursday, Aug. 14, 10 a.m., Alumni House
- What’s in an Ed-Tech Name? Here’s All U Need 2Gnō
- With Scrim and Rolling Desks, a Journalism School Seeks a Tech Edge
- Should You Build a Data Center Today? 2 Universities, 2 Answers
- Would Graduate School Work Better if You Never Graduated From It?
- QuickWire: College and Library Groups Petition FCC on Net Neutrality
- U.S. House votes to change college tax breaks, boost student loan counseling
- Community college president's leaked email shows plan to trade political support for state funds
- 2 Christian colleges win Title IX exemptions that give them the right to expel transgender students
- At Senate hearing aimed at states' role in college affordability, Indiana attorney general points finger at feds
- Study finds impact of pre-tenure status on publication rates at Korean universities