Biscuitville is challenging Greensboro-area college students to create a product that will attract new users, ages 18-35, to Biscuitville restaurants. Among the education objectives are to develop and demonstrate leadership, communication and entrepreneurial skills. Teams must be made of currently enrolled college students from UNCG, NC A&T State University, Greensboro College, Guilford College, Bennett College, Elon University and Guilford Technical Community College. Each team must submit a product proposal online by March 2, 2012, at midnight. The winner will be announced at the Biscuits & Business Breakfast on April 20, 2012, from 8:30 at the Joint School of Nanoscience and Nanoengineering. Details here.
Campus Weekly is published each Wednesday when classes are in session. In the summer, it is published biweekly.
Faculty Forum: “Global Engagement / Strategic Plan.”
Wednesday, October 19, 3 p.m., Alumni House.
Film: “Can You Dig This” (Sustainability Series)
Thursday, Oct. 20, 6:30 p.m., Weatherspoon Art Museum
Concert, ‘A Tribute to John Philip Sousa’
Thursday, Oct. 20, 7:30 p.m., UNCG Auditorium
Women’s Soccer vs. Samford
Friday, Oct. 21, 7 p.m.
Saturday, Oct. 22
Men’s Soccer vs Wofford
Saturday, Oct. 22 7:30.
UNCG Budget 101
Thursday, Oct. 27, 10 a.m., Bryan 113
- William G. Bowen, former president of Princeton and Mellon Foundation, dies
- Several universities cancel appearances for conservative writer Milo Yiannopoulos
- Princeton settlement leaves door open for future tax exemption challenges
- Brookings study finds growing disparities in student loan debt between black and white graduates
- NCAA alleges Louisville violated rules in prostitution scandal, charges head coach with failure to monitor