Biscuitville is challenging Greensboro-area college students to create a product that will attract new users, ages 18-35, to Biscuitville restaurants. Among the education objectives are to develop and demonstrate leadership, communication and entrepreneurial skills. Teams must be made of currently enrolled college students from UNCG, NC A&T State University, Greensboro College, Guilford College, Bennett College, Elon University and Guilford Technical Community College. Each team must submit a product proposal online by March 2, 2012, at midnight. The winner will be announced at the Biscuits & Business Breakfast on April 20, 2012, from 8:30 at the Joint School of Nanoscience and Nanoengineering. Details here.
Campus Weekly is published each Wednesday when classes are in session. In the summer, it is published biweekly.
Re-dedication ceremony, Coleman Building
Wednesday, March 25, at 2 p.m.
Keynote, H. Boyte, “Revitalizing the Civic Purposes & Democratic Story of Higher Education”
Wednesday, March 25, 6 p.m., Rm 118, School of Education Bldg.
Faculty and Staff Excellence Awards
Friday, March 27, 9 a.m., EUC Auditorium
FOODSTORM, brainstorming for Greensboro’s food needs.
Friday, March 27, noon, Gatewood Building, 3rd floor
Sunday, March 29, 3 p.m., EUC Auditorium
Kaleidoscope Forum, Is UNCG Really Diverse?
Tuesday, March 31, 6 p.m., MRC, EUC
- Northeastern U. Will Open Education ‘Hub’ in Silicon Valley Company
- Online or In-Person? One College Lets Students Switch Back and Forth
- U. of New Haven and Upstart Coding School Team Up on Master’s Program
- LinkedIn Expands Efforts to Help Colleges Keep in Touch With Students and Alumni
- New .College Domain Is Opportunity for Some Colleges, Worry for Others
- Mixed opinions as European Union-funded ranking effort enters second year
- Report: Salaries for higher education professionals up 2.2%
- Push for concealed guns on campuses is gaining steam
- Northeastern U. unveils Silicon Valley branch campus
- Education Department will release list of colleges found to be risky for students, taxpayers