Biscuitville is challenging Greensboro-area college students to create a product that will attract new users, ages 18-35, to Biscuitville restaurants. Among the education objectives are to develop and demonstrate leadership, communication and entrepreneurial skills. Teams must be made of currently enrolled college students from UNCG, NC A&T State University, Greensboro College, Guilford College, Bennett College, Elon University and Guilford Technical Community College. Each team must submit a product proposal online by March 2, 2012, at midnight. The winner will be announced at the Biscuits & Business Breakfast on April 20, 2012, from 8:30 at the Joint School of Nanoscience and Nanoengineering. Details here.
Campus Weekly is published each Wednesday when classes are in session. In the summer, it is published biweekly.
Talk, “Refugees and Insecurity in the Middle East“
Wednesday, Feb. 3, 7:30 p.m., Weatherspoon Auditorium
Faculty Senate meeting
Feb. 3, 3 p.m., Alumni House
Talk, “Europe and Other Fortresses in a Borderless World“ Ashby Dialogue
Thursday, Feb. 4, 3:30 p.m., MHRA 1607
Men’s Basketball vs. Western Carolina
Thursday, Feb. 4, 7 p.m., Coliseum
Plays, Winter Briefs, UNCG Theatre/Alpha Psi Omega
Thursday, Feb. 4, 7:30 p.m., Brown Building Theatre
Talk, look at “Radiunt Abundunt” with Triad Stage
Saturday, Feb. 6, 2-3 p.m.
“Michelle Obama: First Lady, American Rhetor,” Jody Natalle/Jenni Simon
Tuesday, Feb. 9, 4 p.m., Hodges Reading Room, Jackson Library
- Suffolk president will stay until start of 2017-18 year
- Programs have success helping low-income students graduate
- Goucher reports that students admitted via video did better academically than other students
- Provost who opposed Mount St. Mary's president's plan to cull students loses his job
- Wheaton in Illinois and professor it moved to fire reach agreement for her to resign