Dr. Amanda Tanner (Public Health Education) received a grant award from Westat, Inc. for the project “Evaluation of SMILE in CARING for YOUTH: CDC-ATN/NICHD HIV Testing and Linkage-to-Care Collaboration.”
Campus Weekly is published each Wednesday when classes are in session. In the summer, it is published biweekly.
Faculty Senate meeting
Wednesday, Oct. 7, 3 p.m., Alumni House
Staff Senate meeting, with Chancellor Gilliam
Thursday, Oct. 8, Alumni House, 10 a.m.
Talk, NC Poet Laureate Shelby Stephenson
Thursday, Oct. 8, time, Jackson Library, Hodges Reading Room
Jason Brennan, Georgetown, “Why Most Americans Shouldn’t Vote”
Thursday Oct. 8, 4 p.m., School of Education Building, 226
Noon @ the ‘Spoon art tour
Tuesday, Oct. 13
Volleyball vs. Citadel
Wednesday, Oct. 14, 6 p.m.
Forum for AVC for Human Resources candidate
Thursday, Oct. 15, 11:30 a.m., Maple Room, EUC
Staff Senate led ‘Workday in the Sullivan Garden’
Thursday, Oct. 15, 2 p.m., Greenway (details: 6-0426)
- Measuring Academic Skills and ‘Grit’ to Help Identify At-Risk Students
- How Video Games Are Becoming University-Approved Sports
- Can Online Education Help Refugees Earn Degrees?
- How Student Video Presentations Can Build Community in an Online Course
- Academic Social Network Hopes to Change the Culture of Peer Review
- California appeals court rules that public colleges aren't responsible for violent acts on campus
- Study finds that long-term research collaborators see more citations
- Connecticut State U professors see administration proposal as an attack on tenure
- Sacramento State ends investigation of disagreement over what professor said about Native Americans
- Lynn University and General Assembly team up on credit-bearing study abroad