Dr. Zhenquan Jia (Biology) received an award increase from the National Institutes of Health – NCCAM for the project “Molecular Mechanisms of Genistein in the Prevention of Inflammatory Cytokine (TNF-alpha)-induced Vascular Dysfunction.” The long-range goal of the research is to identify bioactive components and develop novel nutraceuticals that may improve vascular function and decrease the morbidity and mortality related to vascular dysfunction and related complications.
Campus Weekly is published each Wednesday when classes are in session. In the summer, it is published biweekly.
Spartan Service Day
Saturday, Aug. 27, 9 a.m.
Women’s Soccer vs. Wake Forest
Sunday, Aug. 28, 4 p.m.
Faculty Senate meeting
Wednesday, Aug. 31, 3 p.m.
Fall Kickoff for students
Tuesday, Aug. 23, 11 a.m., College Avenue
Chad Eby Quintet, ‘Miles and Coltrane at 90’
Friday, Sept. 2, 7:30 p.m., The Crown, Carolina Theatre
Staff Senate meeting
Thursday, Sept. 8, 10 a.m., Moran Commons, Room 109
Saturday, Sept. 11, 7:30 p.m., UNCG Auditorium
- Education Department bars ITT Tech from enrolling new students with federal aid
- When a major donor can't complete a pledge
- Notre Dame de Namur professors protest academic cuts flowing from program prioritization
- Q&A with director of new documentary about NCAA
- Study examines role of family ties in helping scientists advance