Dr. Zhenquan Jia (Biology) received an award increase from the National Institutes of Health – NCCAM for the project “Molecular Mechanisms of Genistein in the Prevention of Inflammatory Cytokine (TNF-alpha)-induced Vascular Dysfunction.” The long-range goal of the research is to identify bioactive components and develop novel nutraceuticals that may improve vascular function and decrease the morbidity and mortality related to vascular dysfunction and related complications.
Campus Weekly is published each Wednesday when classes are in session. In the summer, it is published biweekly.
MLK Jr Celebration: An Evening with DeRay Mckesson
Wednesday, Jan. 18, 7 p.m, UNCG Auditorium
Artist talk: Eric Juth
Thursday, Jan. 19, Gatewood Studio Art Center Gallery
Exhibition opening, Photography of Bayard Wootten
Friday, Jan. 20, 5 p.m., GPS, Lewis Street
Men’s basketball vs. The Citadel – Faculty/Staff Appreciation game
Saturday, Jan. 21, 5 p.m.
Film/discussion: “Starving the Beast,” co-sponsored by Faculty Senate
Monday, Jan. 30, 6 p.m., EUC Auditorium
- Gates Foundation open-access policy goes into effect, joining others
- Rhode Island governor proposes two free years of public higher education
- Feds' data error inflated loan repayment rates on the College Scorecard
- Anthropology groups organize Foucault read-in for Inauguration Day
- Education Department announces thousands of new loan discharges