Dr. Zhenquan Jia (Biology) received an award increase from the National Institutes of Health – NCCAM for the project “Molecular Mechanisms of Genistein in the Prevention of Inflammatory Cytokine (TNF-alpha)-induced Vascular Dysfunction.” The long-range goal of the research is to identify bioactive components and develop novel nutraceuticals that may improve vascular function and decrease the morbidity and mortality related to vascular dysfunction and related complications.
Campus Weekly is published each Wednesday when classes are in session. In the summer, it is published biweekly.
UNCG Budget 101
Thursday, Oct. 27, 10 a.m., Bryan 113
UNCG Opera Theatre: Speed Dating
Thursday, Oct. 27, 7:30 p.m. Recital Hall, Music Building
University Symphony Orchestra
Friday, Oct. 28 7:30 p.m., UNCG Auditorium
Men’s Soccer vs. VMI
Saturday, Oct. 29, 7 p.m., UNCG Soccer Stadium
“The President’s Own” U.S. Marine Band
Saturday, Oct. 29, 7:30 p.m., UNCG Auditorium
Halloween Organ “Spooktacular”
Monday, Oct. 31 7:30, Organ Hall, Music Building
Film: ‘Eva Hesse,’ with filmmaker Q & A
Thursday, Nov. 3, 6:30 p.m. Weatherspoon Art Museum
Spartan Showcase open house for high school juniors/seniors
Saturday, Nov. 5
- Who will win Educause's Pitch IT! Challenge?
- Colleges prepare for Halloween by advising students to steer clear of offensive costumes
- Michael Bérubé publishes follow-up to his 1996 book about his son with Down syndrome
- Facebook comments legitimate grounds for student's removal from college program, court rules
- Fears expressed about future of key European research program