Dr. Zhenquan Jia (Biology) received an award increase from the National Institutes of Health – NCCAM for the project “Molecular Mechanisms of Genistein in the Prevention of Inflammatory Cytokine (TNF-alpha)-induced Vascular Dysfunction.” The long-range goal of the research is to identify bioactive components and develop novel nutraceuticals that may improve vascular function and decrease the morbidity and mortality related to vascular dysfunction and related complications.
Campus Weekly is published each Wednesday when classes are in session. In the summer, it is published biweekly.
General Faculty Meeting
Wednesday, April 22, 3 p.m., Alumni House
UNCG Theatre, ‘Joe Turner’s Come and Gone’
Wednesday, April 22, 7:30 p.m., Brown Bldg Theatre
International Sculpture Day
Friday, April 24, all day, Weatherspoon
Justin LeBlanc (Project Runway and NC State)
Friday, April 24, 1 p.m., School of Education Bldg, Rm 120
UNCG Science Everywhere festival
Saturday, April 25, 11 a.m., throughout campus
UNCG Softball vs. East Tennessee St. (dh)
Saturday, April 25, 1 p.m.
Student Honors Convocation
Tuesday, April 28, 7 p.m., EUC Auditorium
UNCG Bunker Bash & Spartan Feast
Thursday, April 30, 5:30 p.m., Natty Greene's Bunker, 1918 Lee St.
- Ithaca College deans share story of living and working with Parkinson's
- Just how much math, and what kind, is enough for life sciences majors?
- Colleges announce commencement speakers
- New book details U of Montana's, city's mishandling of sexual assault
- Arizona State U 'MOOCs for credit' program faces unanswered accreditation questions