Dr. Zhenquan Jia (Biology) received an award increase from the National Institutes of Health – NCCAM for the project “Molecular Mechanisms of Genistein in the Prevention of Inflammatory Cytokine (TNF-alpha)-induced Vascular Dysfunction.” The long-range goal of the research is to identify bioactive components and develop novel nutraceuticals that may improve vascular function and decrease the morbidity and mortality related to vascular dysfunction and related complications.
Campus Weekly is published each Wednesday when classes are in session. In the summer, it is published biweekly.
Play, ‘Common Enemy’
Friday, June 26, 8 p.m., Triad Stage
Children’s play, ‘The Boy Who Loved Monsters’
Saturday, June 27, 10 a.m., Brown Building Theatre
Art happening, Spoonmosa Sunday
Sunday, June 28, 1 p.m., Weatherspoon
Independence Day holiday observed. Offices closed.
Friday, July 3
- Corinthian bankruptcy suit includes call for repayment freeze and asset sales
- What's at stake when universities raise their minimum wage?
- Senator McCaskill suggests 'removing' campus crime disclosure law
- Survey finds academics in Ireland believe their working conditions have deteriorated
- New presidents or provosts: Andrew Appalachian Cowley El Camino Ferris Georgian Court Lone Star Macalester MICA Villanova