Dr. Zhenquan Jia (Biology) received an award increase from the National Institutes of Health – NCCAM for the project “Molecular Mechanisms of Genistein in the Prevention of Inflammatory Cytokine (TNF-alpha)-induced Vascular Dysfunction.” The long-range goal of the research is to identify bioactive components and develop novel nutraceuticals that may improve vascular function and decrease the morbidity and mortality related to vascular dysfunction and related complications.
Campus Weekly is published each Wednesday when classes are in session. In the summer, it is published biweekly.
Gilbert & Sullivan’s ‘Ruddigore’ or ‘The Witch’s Curse’
June 16, 7:30 p.m., UNCG Auditorium
Reading, ‘Modern Art on Display,’ Dr. K. Porter Aichele
June 23, 6:30 p.m., Weatherspoon Art Museum
12 Annual Summer Solstice Party
June 24, 6:30 p.m., Weatherspoon Art Museum
Opening, ‘Henri Matisse: Selections from Claribel and Etta Cone Collection’
June 25, Weatherspoon Art Museum
Independence Day holiday
Monday, July 4, classes dismissed; offices closed
- With Brexit win, universities face 'significant challenges'
- Federal panel votes to terminate ACICS and tightens screws on other accreditors
- Supreme Court upholds consideration of race in admissions
- U.S. expands Pell Grant program to 12,000 in prison
- Memorial to Fallen Educators adds names from colleges and universities