Dr. Lin Buettner died on April 26, 2012. She had been a member of the Department of Community and Therapeutic Recreation at UNCG since 2007. Dr. Buettner received hundreds of awards including the Barry Reisberg Non-Pharmacological Researcher and Clinician Award and North Carolina Therapeutic Recreation Professor of the Year. Her online obituary states that she was an adjunct at Binghamton University and the University of Stavenger in Norway. More information can be found at http://obituaries.news-record.com/obituaries/news-record/obituary.aspx?n=linda-lee-buettner&pid=157271619.
Campus Weekly is published each Wednesday when classes are in session. In the summer, it is published biweekly.
Women’s soccer vs. Army
Friday, Aug. 29, 6 p.m.
Men’s soccer vs. Campbell
Friday, Aug. 29, 8 p.m.
Labor Day holiday
Monday, Sept. 1, classes dismissed, offices closed
Faculty recital, André Lash
Tuesday, Sept. 2, 7:30 p.m., Organ Hall
Faculty Senate meeting
Wednesday, Sept. 3, 3 p.m.
Poetry Reading, David Roderick
Thursday, Sept. 4, 8 p.m. Faculty Center
Board of Trustees meeting
Friday, Sept. 5, 8:30 a.m., Alumni House
Saturday, Sept. 6, 7:30 p.m., Aycock Auditorium
- Pressure on colleges to deal with sexual assault leads to growing cottage industry
- Book advocates 'Reacting to the Past' pedagogy
- For the sake of student-faculty interaction, professor bans student email
- New book explores achievements and challenges of China's 'rising research universities'
- Colleges start new programs