Dr. Lin Buettner died on April 26, 2012. She had been a member of the Department of Community and Therapeutic Recreation at UNCG since 2007. Dr. Buettner received hundreds of awards including the Barry Reisberg Non-Pharmacological Researcher and Clinician Award and North Carolina Therapeutic Recreation Professor of the Year. Her online obituary states that she was an adjunct at Binghamton University and the University of Stavenger in Norway. More information can be found at http://obituaries.news-record.com/obituaries/news-record/obituary.aspx?n=linda-lee-buettner&pid=157271619.
Campus Weekly is published each Wednesday when classes are in session. In the summer, it is published biweekly.
Habitat for Humanity build (info: email@example.com)
Wednesday, June 3, 7:45 a.m.
First summer session final examinations
Wednesday, June 17
Second summer session classes begin
Thursday, June 18
Theatre for young people, ‘The Kid Who Loved Monsters’
Saturday, June 20, 10 a.m., Brown Bldg Theatre
- What Does ‘Personalized Learning’ Look Like? Video Series Aims to Go Beyond Hype
- When Your Online Course Is Put Up for Adoption
- Silicon Valley Innovation: Stanford Law Student Crowdsources Her Graduation Speech
- Want to Make Your Course ‘Gameful’? A Michigan Professor’s Tool Could Help
- A MOOC Hopes to Sink Its Teeth Into a New Audience: TV Fans
- At international education conference, panelists focus on diversifying study abroad participation
- Federal judge tosses for-profit colleges’ challenge to ‘gainful employment’ rule
- Survey of European universities finds end to boom in branch campuses
- Invasive training procedures not the norm in health education
- Louisiana and Illinois may escape massive cuts to higher education, but Wisconsin could see $300 million cut