Dr. Lin Buettner died on April 26, 2012. She had been a member of the Department of Community and Therapeutic Recreation at UNCG since 2007. Dr. Buettner received hundreds of awards including the Barry Reisberg Non-Pharmacological Researcher and Clinician Award and North Carolina Therapeutic Recreation Professor of the Year. Her online obituary states that she was an adjunct at Binghamton University and the University of Stavenger in Norway. More information can be found at http://obituaries.news-record.com/obituaries/news-record/obituary.aspx?n=linda-lee-buettner&pid=157271619.
Campus Weekly is published each Wednesday when classes are in session. In the summer, it is published biweekly.
Faculty Senate meeting
Wednesday, Oct. 7, 3 p.m., Alumni House
Staff Senate meeting, with Chancellor Gilliam
Thursday, Oct. 8, Alumni House, 10 a.m.
Talk, NC Poet Laureate Shelby Stephenson
Thursday, Oct. 8, time, Jackson Library, Hodges Reading Room
Jason Brennan, Georgetown, “Why Most Americans Shouldn’t Vote”
Thursday Oct. 8, 4 p.m., School of Education Building, 226
Noon @ the ‘Spoon art tour
Tuesday, Oct. 13
Volleyball vs. Citadel
Wednesday, Oct. 14, 6 p.m.
Forum for AVC for Human Resources candidate
Thursday, Oct. 15, 11:30 a.m., Maple Room, EUC
Staff Senate led ‘Workday in the Sullivan Garden’
Thursday, Oct. 15, 2 p.m., Greenway (details: 6-0426)
- Can Online Education Help Refugees Earn Degrees?
- How Student Video Presentations Can Build Community in an Online Course
- Academic Social Network Hopes to Change the Culture of Peer Review
- What the Results of a Survey of Coursera Students Mean for Online Learning
- UMUC Plans to Create a Company to Help Colleges Harness Big Data
- Army restructures educational system to resemble civilian universities
- Illinois legislators scrutinize college executives' pay and exit packages
- Anthropology association task force recommends the group take action in response to Israeli-Palestinian conflict
- Study explores preparation and outcomes of 2- and 4-year college students
- Clifton Wharton discusses his new autobiography