Dr. Lin Buettner died on April 26, 2012. She had been a member of the Department of Community and Therapeutic Recreation at UNCG since 2007. Dr. Buettner received hundreds of awards including the Barry Reisberg Non-Pharmacological Researcher and Clinician Award and North Carolina Therapeutic Recreation Professor of the Year. Her online obituary states that she was an adjunct at Binghamton University and the University of Stavenger in Norway. More information can be found at http://obituaries.news-record.com/obituaries/news-record/obituary.aspx?n=linda-lee-buettner&pid=157271619.
Campus Weekly is published each Wednesday when classes are in session. In the summer, it is published biweekly.
MLK Jr Celebration: An Evening with DeRay Mckesson
Wednesday, Jan. 18, 7 p.m, UNCG Auditorium
Artist talk: Eric Juth
Thursday, Jan. 19, Gatewood Studio Art Center Gallery
Exhibition opening, Photography of Bayard Wootten
Friday, Jan. 20, 5 p.m., GPS, Lewis Street
Men’s basketball vs. The Citadel – Faculty/Staff Appreciation game
Saturday, Jan. 21, 5 p.m.
Film/discussion: “Starving the Beast,” co-sponsored by Faculty Senate
Monday, Jan. 30, 6 p.m., EUC Auditorium
- College Republicans react to Trump inauguration
- Shooting at U of Washington as tensions grow over Milo Yiannopoulos speeches
- Tens of thousands of college students and professors march in Washington
- Pitt arts and sciences faculty divided over proposal to eliminate foreign language exemption
- Power Five leagues adopt new rules lessening time demands