Dr. Lin Buettner died on April 26, 2012. She had been a member of the Department of Community and Therapeutic Recreation at UNCG since 2007. Dr. Buettner received hundreds of awards including the Barry Reisberg Non-Pharmacological Researcher and Clinician Award and North Carolina Therapeutic Recreation Professor of the Year. Her online obituary states that she was an adjunct at Binghamton University and the University of Stavenger in Norway. More information can be found at http://obituaries.news-record.com/obituaries/news-record/obituary.aspx?n=linda-lee-buettner&pid=157271619.
Campus Weekly is published each Wednesday when classes are in session. In the summer, it is published biweekly.
Faculty Forum: “Global Engagement / Strategic Plan.”
Wednesday, October 19, 3 p.m., Alumni House.
Film: “Can You Dig This” (Sustainability Series)
Thursday, Oct. 20, 6:30 p.m., Weatherspoon Art Museum
Concert, ‘A Tribute to John Philip Sousa’
Thursday, Oct. 20, 7:30 p.m., UNCG Auditorium
Women’s Soccer vs. Samford
Friday, Oct. 21, 7 p.m.
Saturday, Oct. 22
Men’s Soccer vs Wofford
Saturday, Oct. 22 7:30.
UNCG Budget 101
Thursday, Oct. 27, 10 a.m., Bryan 113
- William G. Bowen, former president of Princeton and Mellon Foundation, dies
- Several universities cancel appearances for conservative writer Milo Yiannopoulos
- Princeton settlement leaves door open for future tax exemption challenges
- Brookings study finds growing disparities in student loan debt between black and white graduates
- NCAA alleges Louisville violated rules in prostitution scandal, charges head coach with failure to monitor