Dr. Lin Buettner died on April 26, 2012. She had been a member of the Department of Community and Therapeutic Recreation at UNCG since 2007. Dr. Buettner received hundreds of awards including the Barry Reisberg Non-Pharmacological Researcher and Clinician Award and North Carolina Therapeutic Recreation Professor of the Year. Her online obituary states that she was an adjunct at Binghamton University and the University of Stavenger in Norway. More information can be found at http://obituaries.news-record.com/obituaries/news-record/obituary.aspx?n=linda-lee-buettner&pid=157271619.
Campus Weekly is published each Wednesday when classes are in session. In the summer, it is published biweekly.
General Faculty Meeting
Wednesday, April 22, 3 p.m., Alumni House
UNCG Theatre, ‘Joe Turner’s Come and Gone’
Wednesday, April 22, 7:30 p.m., Brown Bldg Theatre
International Sculpture Day
Friday, April 24, all day, Weatherspoon
Justin LeBlanc (Project Runway and NC State)
Friday, April 24, 1 p.m., School of Education Bldg, Rm 120
UNCG Science Everywhere festival
Saturday, April 25, 11 a.m., throughout campus
UNCG Softball vs. East Tennessee St. (dh)
Saturday, April 25, 1 p.m.
Student Honors Convocation
Tuesday, April 28, 7 p.m., EUC Auditorium
UNCG Bunker Bash & Spartan Feast
Thursday, April 30, 5:30 p.m., Natty Greene's Bunker, 1918 Lee St.
- A professor fails his entire class and his university intervenes
- University's action over student who posted a swastika on a bulletin board sets off international debate
- Colleges announce commencement speakers
- Corinthian ends operations at remaining campuses, affecting 16,000 students
- Anxiety over massive proposed cuts to Louisiana's colleges felt across the state