Jack Register (Social Work) has been elected to the National Association of Social Workers- NC Chapter Board of Directors as the Piedmont District Representative. He will begin a two year term starting on July 1, 2012. He also facilitated a panel at the International Civil Rights Center & Museum in April, titled “Defining Marriage in the 21st Century,” and will be a part of the event there on June 6 in which UNCG Guarantee students speak of their recent journey tracing the route of the Underground Railroad.
Campus Weekly is published each Wednesday when classes are in session. In the summer, it is published biweekly.
Faculty Forum: “Global Engagement / Strategic Plan.”
Wednesday, October 19, 3 p.m., Alumni House.
Film: “Can You Dig This” (Sustainability Series)
Thursday, Oct. 20, 6:30 p.m., Weatherspoon Art Museum
Concert, ‘A Tribute to John Philip Sousa’
Thursday, Oct. 20, 7:30 p.m., UNCG Auditorium
Women’s Soccer vs. Samford
Friday, Oct. 21, 7 p.m.
Saturday, Oct. 22
Men’s Soccer vs Wofford
Saturday, Oct. 22 7:30.
UNCG Budget 101
Thursday, Oct. 27, 10 a.m., Bryan 113
- William G. Bowen, former president of Princeton and Mellon Foundation, dies
- Several universities cancel appearances for conservative writer Milo Yiannopoulos
- Princeton settlement leaves door open for future tax exemption challenges
- Brookings study finds growing disparities in student loan debt between black and white graduates
- NCAA alleges Louisville violated rules in prostitution scandal, charges head coach with failure to monitor