Jack Register (Social Work) has been elected to the National Association of Social Workers- NC Chapter Board of Directors as the Piedmont District Representative. He will begin a two year term starting on July 1, 2012. He also facilitated a panel at the International Civil Rights Center & Museum in April, titled “Defining Marriage in the 21st Century,” and will be a part of the event there on June 6 in which UNCG Guarantee students speak of their recent journey tracing the route of the Underground Railroad.
Campus Weekly is published each Wednesday when classes are in session. In the summer, it is published biweekly.
Spartan Service Day
Saturday, Aug. 27, 9 a.m.
Women’s Soccer vs. Wake Forest
Sunday, Aug. 28, 4 p.m.
Faculty Senate meeting
Wednesday, Aug. 31, 3 p.m.
Fall Kickoff for students
Tuesday, Aug. 23, 11 a.m., College Avenue
Chad Eby Quintet, ‘Miles and Coltrane at 90’
Friday, Sept. 2, 7:30 p.m., The Crown, Carolina Theatre
Staff Senate meeting
Thursday, Sept. 8, 10 a.m., Moran Commons, Room 109
Saturday, Sept. 11, 7:30 p.m., UNCG Auditorium
- U of Chicago warns incoming students not to expect safe spaces or trigger warnings
- Iowa regulator agreed with Ashford University's complaint about meddling by federal and California agencies
- New presidents or provosts: Connecticut State GWU Maharishi Richland Santa Barbara/Ventura St. Charles Sciences Scripps South Carolina State Springfield Ventura
- Gunmen Attack Campus of American University of Afghanistan
- U Michigan has one of the country's oldest graduate student unions and that hasn't held it back