Dr. Carol Mullen (Educational Leadership & Foundations) is serving in the elected role of president of the National Council of Professors of Educational Administration (NCPEA). Her vision is to highlight issues of educational leadership with respect to innovation, inventiveness, and the imagination as we work together as global leaders of social justice. NCPEA is collaborative, friendly scholar-practitioner organization committed to the practice and study of educational administration. Established in 1947, NCPEA has a strong commitment to serve the interests and needs of professors of educational administration and practicing school leaders in such areas as equity, inclusion, innovation, and excellence. For more information about the organization’s August 2013 conference in New Jersey and other exciting initiatives, check out the NCPEA website: http://www.emich.edu/ncpeaprofessors.
Campus Weekly is published each Wednesday when classes are in session. In the summer, it is published biweekly.
Play, ‘Common Enemy’
Friday, June 26, 8 p.m., Triad Stage
Children’s play, ‘The Boy Who Loved Monsters’
Saturday, June 27, 10 a.m., Brown Building Theatre
Art happening, Spoonmosa Sunday
Sunday, June 28, 1 p.m., Weatherspoon
Independence Day holiday observed. Offices closed.
Friday, July 3
- A New Jersey legislator is proposing a lottery to clear the winners' student loan debt
- As colleges struggle, some look to partnerships and mergers for relief
- Army shuts down controversial Human Terrain System, criticized by many anthropologists
- States explore required training for university board members
- New presidents or provosts: Adams Casper Lindenwood Miami OKCC Oregon RISD Ripon WOU