Dr. Carol Mullen (Educational Leadership & Foundations) is serving in the elected role of president of the National Council of Professors of Educational Administration (NCPEA). Her vision is to highlight issues of educational leadership with respect to innovation, inventiveness, and the imagination as we work together as global leaders of social justice. NCPEA is collaborative, friendly scholar-practitioner organization committed to the practice and study of educational administration. Established in 1947, NCPEA has a strong commitment to serve the interests and needs of professors of educational administration and practicing school leaders in such areas as equity, inclusion, innovation, and excellence. For more information about the organization’s August 2013 conference in New Jersey and other exciting initiatives, check out the NCPEA website: http://www.emich.edu/ncpeaprofessors.
Campus Weekly is published each Wednesday when classes are in session. In the summer, it is published biweekly.
Lecture, John Heilbron, “English Reactions to Galileo’s Celestial Message”
Wednesday, April 15, 7 p.m., EUC Auditorium
JSNN open house “Gateway to Science”
Thursday, April 16, all day
Philip Glass’ opera “Galileo Galilei” opening night
Thursday, April 16, 7:30 p.m., Aycock Auditorium
Baseball vs. Citadel
Friday, April 17, 6 p.m.
UNCG Theatre, ‘Joe Turner’s Come and Gone’
Wednesday, April 22, 7:30 p.m., Brown Bldg Theatre
- Investigation finds major gaps in protections for workers who built NYU's Abu Dhabi campus
- University of Akron offers introductory courses online at 86 percent discount
- Free Community College, Structured Pathways: Survey of 2-Year-College Leaders
- Ohio bill would effectively bar faculty unions at public colleges
- Feds take down a for-profit over job-placement rates as gainful-employment rules loom