Dr. Carol Mullen (Educational Leadership & Foundations) is serving in the elected role of president of the National Council of Professors of Educational Administration (NCPEA). Her vision is to highlight issues of educational leadership with respect to innovation, inventiveness, and the imagination as we work together as global leaders of social justice. NCPEA is collaborative, friendly scholar-practitioner organization committed to the practice and study of educational administration. Established in 1947, NCPEA has a strong commitment to serve the interests and needs of professors of educational administration and practicing school leaders in such areas as equity, inclusion, innovation, and excellence. For more information about the organization’s August 2013 conference in New Jersey and other exciting initiatives, check out the NCPEA website: http://www.emich.edu/ncpeaprofessors.
Campus Weekly is published each Wednesday when classes are in session. In the summer, it is published biweekly.
Staff Senate meeting (with Jason Stogner)
Thursday, May 14, 10 a.m., Alumni House
Baseball vs Gardner-Webb
Thursday, May 14, 6 p.m.
Music, Chris Brubeck, John Salmon, French Connection
Tuesday, May 26, 7:30 p.m., Recital Hall, Music Building
- What Does ‘Personalized Learning’ Look Like? Video Series Aims to Go Beyond Hype
- When Your Online Course Is Put Up for Adoption
- Silicon Valley Innovation: Stanford Law Student Crowdsources Her Graduation Speech
- Want to Make Your Course ‘Gameful’? A Michigan Professor’s Tool Could Help
- A MOOC Hopes to Sink Its Teeth Into a New Audience: TV Fans
- Student interest, or lack thereof, drives change in two-year college athletics
- Drake College of Business to close doors at end of July
- Rulings mixed in recent lawsuits over police records at private colleges
- Author discusses his new book on the rise of English as the dominant language of science
- Colleges award tenure