Dr. Carol Mullen (Educational Leadership & Foundations) is serving in the elected role of president of the National Council of Professors of Educational Administration (NCPEA). Her vision is to highlight issues of educational leadership with respect to innovation, inventiveness, and the imagination as we work together as global leaders of social justice. NCPEA is collaborative, friendly scholar-practitioner organization committed to the practice and study of educational administration. Established in 1947, NCPEA has a strong commitment to serve the interests and needs of professors of educational administration and practicing school leaders in such areas as equity, inclusion, innovation, and excellence. For more information about the organization’s August 2013 conference in New Jersey and other exciting initiatives, check out the NCPEA website: http://www.emich.edu/ncpeaprofessors.
Campus Weekly is published each Wednesday when classes are in session. In the summer, it is published biweekly.
Independence Day holiday
July 4, classes dismissed; offices closed
Staff Senate Executive Team Meeting
Thursday, July 7, 10 a.m., MHRA 2603
Make-A-Wish / HRL “wish reveal”
Thursday, July 7, 4 p.m., Tillman-Smart room, Shaw Hall
EMF Faculty Chamber Series concert
Monday, July 11, 8 p.m., Music Building Recital Hall
Staff Senate meeting
Thursday, July 14, 10 a.m., Alumni House
- Study: 8 in 10 students said they engaged in behaviors related to "drunkorexia"
- Universities try new ways to reach recent graduates, especially those with debt
- Connecticut College revamps gen ed
- Ireland considers plan to financially punish universities that don't meet gender equity goals
- New presidents or provosts: Antioch Blackhawk Centralia East Carolina EOU Malone NNMC Springfield Wheaton