Dr. Esther Leerkes (Human Development & Family Studies) received a UNCG Research Excellence Award at the 2012 Faculty & Staff Excellence Awards ceremony. In this video created by a Media Studies student, Leerkes speaks about her research: ”My goal really is to understand what promotes children’s healthy development, and the outcomes that I am interested in are social, emotional. What is it that helps children learn to regulate their own emotions? What is it that promotes a close, healthy relationship with their parents, which we know if protective for their later development?”
Campus Weekly is published each Wednesday when classes are in session. In the summer, it is published biweekly.
General Faculty Meeting
Wednesday, April 22, 3 p.m., Alumni House
UNCG Theatre, ‘Joe Turner’s Come and Gone’
Wednesday, April 22, 7:30 p.m., Brown Bldg Theatre
International Sculpture Day
Friday, April 24, all day, Weatherspoon
Justin LeBlanc (Project Runway and NC State)
Friday, April 24, 1 p.m., School of Education Bldg, Rm 120
UNCG Science Everywhere festival
Saturday, April 25, 11 a.m., throughout campus
UNCG Softball vs. East Tennessee St. (dh)
Saturday, April 25, 1 p.m.
Student Honors Convocation
Tuesday, April 28, 7 p.m., EUC Auditorium
UNCG Bunker Bash & Spartan Feast
Thursday, April 30, 5:30 p.m., Natty Greene's Bunker, 1918 Lee St.
- Ithaca College deans share story of living and working with Parkinson's
- Just how much math, and what kind, is enough for life sciences majors?
- Colleges announce commencement speakers
- New book details U of Montana's, city's mishandling of sexual assault
- Arizona State U 'MOOCs for credit' program faces unanswered accreditation questions