Dr. Esther Leerkes (Human Development & Family Studies) received a UNCG Research Excellence Award at the 2012 Faculty & Staff Excellence Awards ceremony. In this video created by a Media Studies student, Leerkes speaks about her research: ”My goal really is to understand what promotes children’s healthy development, and the outcomes that I am interested in are social, emotional. What is it that helps children learn to regulate their own emotions? What is it that promotes a close, healthy relationship with their parents, which we know if protective for their later development?”
Campus Weekly is published each Wednesday when classes are in session. In the summer, it is published biweekly.
Play, ‘Common Enemy’
Friday, June 26, 8 p.m., Triad Stage
Children’s play, ‘The Boy Who Loved Monsters’
Saturday, June 27, 10 a.m., Brown Building Theatre
Art happening, Spoonmosa Sunday
Sunday, June 28, 1 p.m., Weatherspoon
Independence Day holiday observed. Offices closed.
Friday, July 3
- Corinthian bankruptcy suit includes call for repayment freeze and asset sales
- What's at stake when universities raise their minimum wage?
- Senator McCaskill suggests 'removing' campus crime disclosure law
- Survey finds academics in Ireland believe their working conditions have deteriorated
- New presidents or provosts: Andrew Appalachian Cowley El Camino Ferris Georgian Court Lone Star Macalester MICA Villanova