Dr. Esther Leerkes (Human Development & Family Studies) received a UNCG Research Excellence Award at the 2012 Faculty & Staff Excellence Awards ceremony. In this video created by a Media Studies student, Leerkes speaks about her research: ”My goal really is to understand what promotes children’s healthy development, and the outcomes that I am interested in are social, emotional. What is it that helps children learn to regulate their own emotions? What is it that promotes a close, healthy relationship with their parents, which we know if protective for their later development?”
Campus Weekly is published each Wednesday when classes are in session. In the summer, it is published biweekly.
Thursday, April 28
Employee field day
Friday, April 29, Foust Park
UNCG Baseball vs. Samford
Friday, April 29, 6 p.m.
UNCG MFA Artist Talks + Opening Reception
Sunday, May 1, 2 p.m., Weatherspoon Art Museum
2016 Spring Commencement Ceremony
Friday, May 6, 10 a.m., Greensboro Coliseum
UNCG Softball vs. Samford (dh)
Saturday, May 7, 1 p.m.
- New presidents or provosts: Centenary Elmhurst Frostburg Lake Erie Mary Washington McDaniel Orange W&L Wellesley
- U of Idaho's football program to depart Football Bowl Subdivision
- Kentucky will delay free community college scholarship
- Pennsylvania State U sees surge of interest in short, skills-based faculty development program
- Gordon professor says she was punished for criticizing college's request for exemption to antibias law