Amy Strickland (Nutrition) was honored at the North Carolina Dietetic Association Annual Meeting with the North Carolina Dietetic Association Outstanding Dietetics Educator Award. The award recognizes innovative teaching, mentoring and leadership activities of faculty in accredited dietetics education programs. She is an academic professional assistant professor in the department, as well as director of the Didactic Program in Dietetics.
Campus Weekly is published each Wednesday when classes are in session. In the summer, it is published biweekly.
Lecture: writer Chris Abani
Wednesday, March 22, 7 p.m., EUC Cone Ballroom
Faculty Forum: Sustainability and Student Evaluations of Teaching
Wednesday, March 22, 3 p.m., Alumni House, Virginia Dare Room
Art talk: George Dimock on Lucinda Devlin”
Thursday, March 23, 6 p.m., Weatherspoon Art Museum
Guest artist recital:
Thursday, March 23, 7:30 p.m., Recital Hall
Forum: “What is Fascism? What is Authoritarianism?”
Thursday, March 23, 6:30 p.m., Faculty Center
Colloquium: “The Inner Passage: Personal Development, the Progressives, and the National Parks”
Friday, March 24, 3:30 p.m., Graham 106
Softball vs. Western Carolina (Doubleheader)
Saturday, March 25, 1 p.m., UNCG Softball Stadium
- U of Maryland University College pursues strategy of 'unbundling'
- Shouting down of a controversial speaker at McMaster raises new concerns about academic freedom in Canada
- Trump budget protected institutional aid for black colleges but not programs that help black college students
- Author discusses his new book on vision, values and higher education
- Colleges announce commencement speakers