Dr. Amanda Tanner (Public Health Education) received new funding from Wake Forest University Health Services for the project “Using CBPR to Reduce HIV Risk Among Immigrant Latino MSM.” The Southeast has the fastest-growing Latino population in the United States and at the same time carries a disproportionate HIV burden, the abstract notes. This community-university partnership proposes to jointly conduct a five-year quasi-experimental study.
Campus Weekly is published each Wednesday when classes are in session. In the summer, it is published biweekly.
Men’s soccer vs. Guilford College (exhibition)
Wednesday, Aug. 20, 7 p.m.
Women’s soccer vs. Charlotte
Friday, Aug. 22, 7 p.m.
Spartan Service Day
Saturday, Aug. 23, 8:30 a.m.
Men’s soccer vs. Liberty (exhibition)
Saturday, Aug. 23, 7 p.m.
Women’s soccer vs. Army
Friday, Aug. 29, 6 p.m.
Men’s soccer vs. Campbell
Friday, Aug. 29, 8 p.m.
Faculty Senate meeting
Wednesday, Sept. 3, 3 p.m.
- Faculty at one public university are asked to get involved in student retention
- In an unsettled ed-tech market, investments are easily found
- George Washington U. clarifies 'no alternative textbook vendor' guidelines
- Colleges turn to social media blitzes to raise money
- Australian state leader calls for merger of 3 universities