Dr. Amanda Tanner (Public Health Education) received new funding from Wake Forest University Health Services for the project “Using CBPR to Reduce HIV Risk Among Immigrant Latino MSM.” The Southeast has the fastest-growing Latino population in the United States and at the same time carries a disproportionate HIV burden, the abstract notes. This community-university partnership proposes to jointly conduct a five-year quasi-experimental study.
Campus Weekly is published each Wednesday when classes are in session. In the summer, it is published biweekly.
Thursday, April 28
Employee field day
Friday, April 29, Foust Park
UNCG Baseball vs. Samford
Friday, April 29, 6 p.m.
UNCG MFA Artist Talks + Opening Reception
Sunday, May 1, 2 p.m., Weatherspoon Art Museum
2016 Spring Commencement Ceremony
Friday, May 6, 10 a.m., Greensboro Coliseum
UNCG Softball vs. Samford (dh)
Saturday, May 7, 1 p.m.
- New presidents or provosts: Centenary Elmhurst Frostburg Lake Erie Mary Washington McDaniel Orange W&L Wellesley
- U of Idaho's football program to depart Football Bowl Subdivision
- Kentucky will delay free community college scholarship
- Pennsylvania State U sees surge of interest in short, skills-based faculty development program
- Gordon professor says she was punished for criticizing college's request for exemption to antibias law