Dr. Esther M. Leerkes (Human Development and Family Studies) has accepted an invitation from the National Institutes of Health’s Center for Scientific Review to be a member of the Psychosocial Development, Risk and Prevention Study Section through June 2019. Members are selected on the basis of their demonstrated competence and achievement in their scientific discipline as evidenced by the quality of research accomplishments, publications in scientific journals, and other significant scientific activities, achievements and honors. Study sections review grant applications submitted to the NIH, make recommendations on these applications to the appropriate NIH national advisory council or board, and survey the status of research in their fields of science.
Campus Weekly is published each Wednesday when classes are in session. In the summer, it is published biweekly.
MLK Jr Celebration: An Evening with DeRay Mckesson
Wednesday, Jan. 18, 7 p.m, UNCG Auditorium
Artist talk: Eric Juth
Thursday, Jan. 19, Gatewood Studio Art Center Gallery
Exhibition opening, Photography of Bayard Wootten
Friday, Jan. 20, 5 p.m., GPS, Lewis Street
Men’s basketball vs. The Citadel – Faculty/Staff Appreciation game
Saturday, Jan. 21, 5 p.m.
Film/discussion: “Starving the Beast,” co-sponsored by Faculty Senate
Monday, Jan. 30, 6 p.m., EUC Auditorium
- College Republicans react to Trump inauguration
- Shooting at U of Washington as tensions grow over Milo Yiannopoulos speeches
- Tens of thousands of college students and professors march in Washington
- Pitt arts and sciences faculty divided over proposal to eliminate foreign language exemption
- Power Five leagues adopt new rules lessening time demands