Dr. Esther M. Leerkes (Human Development and Family Studies) has accepted an invitation from the National Institutes of Health’s Center for Scientific Review to be a member of the Psychosocial Development, Risk and Prevention Study Section through June 2019. Members are selected on the basis of their demonstrated competence and achievement in their scientific discipline as evidenced by the quality of research accomplishments, publications in scientific journals, and other significant scientific activities, achievements and honors. Study sections review grant applications submitted to the NIH, make recommendations on these applications to the appropriate NIH national advisory council or board, and survey the status of research in their fields of science.
Campus Weekly is published each Wednesday when classes are in session. In the summer, it is published biweekly.
Independence Day holiday
July 4, classes dismissed; offices closed
Staff Senate Executive Team Meeting
Thursday, July 7, 10 a.m., MHRA 2603
Make-A-Wish / HRL “wish reveal”
Thursday, July 7, 4 p.m., Tillman-Smart room, Shaw Hall
EMF Faculty Chamber Series concert
Monday, July 11, 8 p.m., Music Building Recital Hall
Staff Senate meeting
Thursday, July 14, 10 a.m., Alumni House
- Balancing act: providing grad student health insurance and complying with Affordable Care Act
- Clinton proposes financial aid for alternative providers, student loan relief for entrepreneurs
- British universities brace for likely drop in E.U. students
- Masculinity programming at University of Redlands hopes to help men be 'authentic selves'
- Colleges start new programs