Dr. Esther M. Leerkes (Human Development and Family Studies) has accepted an invitation from the National Institutes of Health’s Center for Scientific Review to be a member of the Psychosocial Development, Risk and Prevention Study Section through June 2019. Members are selected on the basis of their demonstrated competence and achievement in their scientific discipline as evidenced by the quality of research accomplishments, publications in scientific journals, and other significant scientific activities, achievements and honors. Study sections review grant applications submitted to the NIH, make recommendations on these applications to the appropriate NIH national advisory council or board, and survey the status of research in their fields of science.
Campus Weekly is published each Wednesday when classes are in session. In the summer, it is published biweekly.
Spartan Service Day
Saturday, Aug. 27, 9 a.m.
Women’s Soccer vs. Wake Forest
Sunday, Aug. 28, 4 p.m.
Faculty Senate meeting
Wednesday, Aug. 31, 3 p.m.
Fall Kickoff for students
Tuesday, Aug. 23, 11 a.m., College Avenue
Chad Eby Quintet, ‘Miles and Coltrane at 90’
Friday, Sept. 2, 7:30 p.m., The Crown, Carolina Theatre
Staff Senate meeting
Thursday, Sept. 8, 10 a.m., Moran Commons, Room 109
Saturday, Sept. 11, 7:30 p.m., UNCG Auditorium
- Education Department bars ITT Tech from enrolling new students with federal aid
- When a major donor can't complete a pledge
- Notre Dame de Namur professors protest academic cuts flowing from program prioritization
- Q&A with director of new documentary about NCAA
- Study examines role of family ties in helping scientists advance