Dr. Esther M. Leerkes (Human Development and Family Studies) has accepted an invitation from the National Institutes of Health’s Center for Scientific Review to be a member of the Psychosocial Development, Risk and Prevention Study Section through June 2019. Members are selected on the basis of their demonstrated competence and achievement in their scientific discipline as evidenced by the quality of research accomplishments, publications in scientific journals, and other significant scientific activities, achievements and honors. Study sections review grant applications submitted to the NIH, make recommendations on these applications to the appropriate NIH national advisory council or board, and survey the status of research in their fields of science.
Campus Weekly is published each Wednesday when classes are in session. In the summer, it is published biweekly.
Thursday, April 28
Employee field day
Friday, April 29, Foust Park
UNCG Baseball vs. Samford
Friday, April 29, 6 p.m.
UNCG MFA Artist Talks + Opening Reception
Sunday, May 1, 2 p.m., Weatherspoon Art Museum
2016 Spring Commencement Ceremony
Friday, May 6, 10 a.m., Greensboro Coliseum
UNCG Softball vs. Samford (dh)
Saturday, May 7, 1 p.m.
- New presidents or provosts: Centenary Elmhurst Frostburg Lake Erie Mary Washington McDaniel Orange W&L Wellesley
- U of Idaho's football program to depart Football Bowl Subdivision
- Kentucky will delay free community college scholarship
- Pennsylvania State U sees surge of interest in short, skills-based faculty development program
- Gordon professor says she was punished for criticizing college's request for exemption to antibias law