Dr. Bill Evans, an assistant professor of Public Health Education, died Oct. 22. He was an enthusiastic promoter of health and wellness in both his work and personal life. He played a major role in the creation and development of HealthyUNCG. Before joining UNCG, he had 20 years’ experience working for community health organizations in organizing health education campaigns. He was also an author whose publications ranged from scholarly articles to poetry. Link to obituary.
Campus Weekly is published each Wednesday when classes are in session. In the summer, it is published biweekly.
Film, ‘How to Cook Your Life’
Thursday, July 24, 7 p.m., Weatherspoon
‘Matisse and His Muses’ exhibition opens
Saturday, Aug. 2, Weatherspoon
UNCG New Faculty Orientation begins
Monday, Aug. 11, noon, Weatherspoon
Noon @ the ‘Spoon art tour
Tuesday, Aug. 12, Weatherspoon
Chancellor’s State of the Campus address
Wednesday, Aug. 13, 10:30 a.m., Aycock Auditorium
Staff Senate meeting
Thursday, Aug. 14, 10 a.m., Alumni House
- With Scrim and Rolling Desks, a Journalism School Seeks a Tech Edge
- Should You Build a Data Center Today? 2 Universities, 2 Answers
- Would Graduate School Work Better if You Never Graduated From It?
- QuickWire: College and Library Groups Petition FCC on Net Neutrality
- QuickWire: Desire2Learn Rebrands and Adds Partners
- Competency-based education gets a boost from the Education Department
- Rockstar parking, heavily subsidized and often lucky, is about to get more expensive on college campuses
- Adjunct union drive hits speedbumps in Twin Cities
- Obama signs workforce training bill, announces new executive action to overhaul federal job training programs
- Intensive advising programs can alter students' college paths