Dr. Bill Evans, an assistant professor of Public Health Education, died Oct. 22. He was an enthusiastic promoter of health and wellness in both his work and personal life. He played a major role in the creation and development of HealthyUNCG. Before joining UNCG, he had 20 years’ experience working for community health organizations in organizing health education campaigns. He was also an author whose publications ranged from scholarly articles to poetry. Link to obituary.
Campus Weekly is published each Wednesday when classes are in session. In the summer, it is published biweekly.
Faculty Senate meeting
Wednesday, Oct. 7, 3 p.m., Alumni House
Staff Senate meeting, with Chancellor Gilliam
Thursday, Oct. 8, Alumni House, 10 a.m.
Talk, NC Poet Laureate Shelby Stephenson
Thursday, Oct. 8, time, Jackson Library, Hodges Reading Room
Jason Brennan, Georgetown, “Why Most Americans Shouldn’t Vote”
Thursday Oct. 8, 4 p.m., School of Education Building, 226
Noon @ the ‘Spoon art tour
Tuesday, Oct. 13
Volleyball vs. Citadel
Wednesday, Oct. 14, 6 p.m.
Forum for AVC for Human Resources candidate
Thursday, Oct. 15, 11:30 a.m., Maple Room, EUC
Staff Senate led ‘Workday in the Sullivan Garden’
Thursday, Oct. 15, 2 p.m., Greenway (details: 6-0426)
- Measuring Academic Skills and ‘Grit’ to Help Identify At-Risk Students
- How Video Games Are Becoming University-Approved Sports
- Can Online Education Help Refugees Earn Degrees?
- How Student Video Presentations Can Build Community in an Online Course
- Academic Social Network Hopes to Change the Culture of Peer Review
- New York judge blocks Paul Smith's College from changing name for $20 million gift
- U Texas professor emeritus will leave teaching job over campus carry law
- What do research librarians have a 'hunch' about?
- House Republicans question university endowment spending, executive compensation
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology to launch half MOOC, half in-person master's degree program