Dr. Bill Evans, an assistant professor of Public Health Education, died Oct. 22. He was an enthusiastic promoter of health and wellness in both his work and personal life. He played a major role in the creation and development of HealthyUNCG. Before joining UNCG, he had 20 years’ experience working for community health organizations in organizing health education campaigns. He was also an author whose publications ranged from scholarly articles to poetry. Link to obituary.
Campus Weekly is published each Wednesday when classes are in session. In the summer, it is published biweekly.
Gilbert & Sullivan’s ‘Ruddigore’ or ‘The Witch’s Curse’
June 16, 7:30 p.m., UNCG Auditorium
Reading, ‘Modern Art on Display,’ Dr. K. Porter Aichele
June 23, 6:30 p.m., Weatherspoon Art Museum
12 Annual Summer Solstice Party
June 24, 6:30 p.m., Weatherspoon Art Museum
Opening, ‘Henri Matisse: Selections from Claribel and Etta Cone Collection’
June 25, Weatherspoon Art Museum
Independence Day holiday
Monday, July 4, classes dismissed; offices closed
- With Brexit win, universities face 'significant challenges'
- Federal panel votes to terminate ACICS and tightens screws on other accreditors
- Supreme Court upholds consideration of race in admissions
- U.S. expands Pell Grant program to 12,000 in prison
- Memorial to Fallen Educators adds names from colleges and universities