Dr. Bill Evans, an assistant professor of Public Health Education, died Oct. 22. He was an enthusiastic promoter of health and wellness in both his work and personal life. He played a major role in the creation and development of HealthyUNCG. Before joining UNCG, he had 20 years’ experience working for community health organizations in organizing health education campaigns. He was also an author whose publications ranged from scholarly articles to poetry. Link to obituary.
Campus Weekly is published each Wednesday when classes are in session. In the summer, it is published biweekly.
Kaplan Center for Wellness opens
Monday, Aug. 1
Staff Senate Full Body Meeting
Thursday, Aug. 11, UNCG Police Station
State of the Campus Address
Wednesday, Aug. 17, 10 a.m., UNCG Auditorium
UNCG Athletics 50th Anniversary Celebration
Friday, Aug. 19, Soccer Stadium
First day of classes, Fall semester
Monday, Aug. 22
- Colleges collaborate to boost local graduation rate
- Study finds use of open educational resources on the rise in introductory courses
- New presidents or provosts: Aiken Bethany Camp Carrington Marietta Mississippi State St. Gregory's Texas Southern Thiel
- Why are some countries better at science and technology?
- Hamilton College's new department-specific diversity requirement sparks debate