Dr. Bill Evans, an assistant professor of Public Health Education, died Oct. 22. He was an enthusiastic promoter of health and wellness in both his work and personal life. He played a major role in the creation and development of HealthyUNCG. Before joining UNCG, he had 20 years’ experience working for community health organizations in organizing health education campaigns. He was also an author whose publications ranged from scholarly articles to poetry. Link to obituary.
Campus Weekly is published each Wednesday when classes are in session. In the summer, it is published biweekly.
Re-dedication ceremony, Coleman Building
Wednesday, March 25, at 2 p.m.
Keynote, H. Boyte, “Revitalizing the Civic Purposes & Democratic Story of Higher Education”
Wednesday, March 25, 6 p.m., Rm 118, School of Education Bldg.
Faculty and Staff Excellence Awards
Friday, March 27, 9 a.m., EUC Auditorium
FOODSTORM, brainstorming for Greensboro’s food needs.
Friday, March 27, noon, Gatewood Building, 3rd floor
Sunday, March 29, 3 p.m., EUC Auditorium
Kaleidoscope Forum, Is UNCG Really Diverse?
Tuesday, March 31, 6 p.m., MRC, EUC
- Online or In-Person? One College Lets Students Switch Back and Forth
- U. of New Haven and Upstart Coding School Team Up on Master’s Program
- LinkedIn Expands Efforts to Help Colleges Keep in Touch With Students and Alumni
- New .College Domain Is Opportunity for Some Colleges, Worry for Others
- Videos Find Their Place In and Out of the Classroom
- Education Department will release list of colleges found to be risky for students, taxpayers
- U. of Oklahoma chapter learned racist song on SAE leadership cruise
- Audit: Education Dept. hasn't enforced incentive compensation rules well
- Drexel U. charts a new course for itself
- Should a university partner with a political organization to host an event on campus?