Dr. Bill Evans, an assistant professor of Public Health Education, died Oct. 22. He was an enthusiastic promoter of health and wellness in both his work and personal life. He played a major role in the creation and development of HealthyUNCG. Before joining UNCG, he had 20 years’ experience working for community health organizations in organizing health education campaigns. He was also an author whose publications ranged from scholarly articles to poetry. Link to obituary.
Campus Weekly is published each Wednesday when classes are in session. In the summer, it is published biweekly.
Play, ‘Common Enemy’
Friday, June 26, 8 p.m., Triad Stage
Children’s play, ‘The Boy Who Loved Monsters’
Saturday, June 27, 10 a.m., Brown Building Theatre
Art happening, Spoonmosa Sunday
Sunday, June 28, 1 p.m., Weatherspoon
Independence Day holiday observed. Offices closed.
Friday, July 3
- Corinthian bankruptcy suit includes call for repayment freeze and asset sales
- What's at stake when universities raise their minimum wage?
- Senator McCaskill suggests 'removing' campus crime disclosure law
- Survey finds academics in Ireland believe their working conditions have deteriorated
- New presidents or provosts: Andrew Appalachian Cowley El Camino Ferris Georgian Court Lone Star Macalester MICA Villanova