Nataly Blas (University Libraries) is among the 2014 class of Emerging Leaders named by The American Library Association (ALA). The Emerging Leaders Program is designed to enable library staff and information workers to participate in project planning workgroups; network with peers; gain an inside look into ALA structure and have an opportunity to serve the profession in a leadership capacity early in their careers. She is Diversity Resident at the University Libraries. More at University Libraries blog.
Campus Weekly is published each Wednesday when classes are in session. In the summer, it is published biweekly.
Spartan Service Day
Saturday, Aug. 27, 9 a.m.
Women’s Soccer vs. Wake Forest
Sunday, Aug. 28, 4 p.m.
Faculty Senate meeting
Wednesday, Aug. 31, 3 p.m.
Fall Kickoff for students
Tuesday, Aug. 23, 11 a.m., College Avenue
Chad Eby Quintet, ‘Miles and Coltrane at 90’
Friday, Sept. 2, 7:30 p.m., The Crown, Carolina Theatre
Staff Senate meeting
Thursday, Sept. 8, 10 a.m., Moran Commons, Room 109
Saturday, Sept. 11, 7:30 p.m., UNCG Auditorium
- Education Department bars ITT Tech from enrolling new students with federal aid
- When a major donor can't complete a pledge
- Notre Dame de Namur professors protest academic cuts flowing from program prioritization
- Q&A with director of new documentary about NCAA
- Study examines role of family ties in helping scientists advance