Nataly Blas (University Libraries) is among the 2014 class of Emerging Leaders named by The American Library Association (ALA). The Emerging Leaders Program is designed to enable library staff and information workers to participate in project planning workgroups; network with peers; gain an inside look into ALA structure and have an opportunity to serve the profession in a leadership capacity early in their careers. She is Diversity Resident at the University Libraries. More at University Libraries blog.
Campus Weekly is published each Wednesday when classes are in session. In the summer, it is published biweekly.
Faculty Forum: “Global Engagement / Strategic Plan.”
Wednesday, October 19, 3 p.m., Alumni House.
Film: “Can You Dig This” (Sustainability Series)
Thursday, Oct. 20, 6:30 p.m., Weatherspoon Art Museum
Concert, ‘A Tribute to John Philip Sousa’
Thursday, Oct. 20, 7:30 p.m., UNCG Auditorium
Women’s Soccer vs. Samford
Friday, Oct. 21, 7 p.m.
Saturday, Oct. 22
Men’s Soccer vs Wofford
Saturday, Oct. 22 7:30.
UNCG Budget 101
Thursday, Oct. 27, 10 a.m., Bryan 113
- William G. Bowen, former president of Princeton and Mellon Foundation, dies
- Several universities cancel appearances for conservative writer Milo Yiannopoulos
- Princeton settlement leaves door open for future tax exemption challenges
- Brookings study finds growing disparities in student loan debt between black and white graduates
- NCAA alleges Louisville violated rules in prostitution scandal, charges head coach with failure to monitor