Nataly Blas (University Libraries) is among the 2014 class of Emerging Leaders named by The American Library Association (ALA). The Emerging Leaders Program is designed to enable library staff and information workers to participate in project planning workgroups; network with peers; gain an inside look into ALA structure and have an opportunity to serve the profession in a leadership capacity early in their careers. She is Diversity Resident at the University Libraries. More at University Libraries blog.
Campus Weekly is published each Wednesday when classes are in session. In the summer, it is published biweekly.
Nano Manufacturing Conference
Wednesday, Sept. 28, JSNN
Staff Senate Workshop: Event Planning at UNCG
Thursday, Sept 29, noon, Room 113, Bryan Building
Artist talk: Leah Sobsey, “Collections: Birds, Bones, and Butterflies”
Thursday, Sept. 29, 6:30 p.m., Weatherspoon Art Museum
Theatre: Caroline or Change
Thursday, Sept. 29, 7:30 p.m., Taylor Theatre
Workshop: “Second Language Critical Discourse Studies Through Social Media”
Saturday, Oct. 1, 10 a.m.- noon, MHRA, 1214
Women’s Soccer vs. Furman
Sunday, Oct. 2, 2 p.m.
Music: UNCG Symphonic Band
Wednesday, Oct. 5, 7:30 p.m., UNCG Auditorium
- 'All lives matter' comment discussed as NACAC conference closes
- U of Vermont medical school to get rid of all lecture courses
- Admissions group calls for more transparency on use of agents to recruit international students
- New film aims to portray fraternity in realistic -- and disturbing -- fashion
- Campuses see flurry of racist incidents and protests against racism