Nataly Blas (University Libraries) is among the 2014 class of Emerging Leaders named by The American Library Association (ALA). The Emerging Leaders Program is designed to enable library staff and information workers to participate in project planning workgroups; network with peers; gain an inside look into ALA structure and have an opportunity to serve the profession in a leadership capacity early in their careers. She is Diversity Resident at the University Libraries. More at University Libraries blog.
Campus Weekly is published each Wednesday when classes are in session. In the summer, it is published biweekly.
MLK Jr Celebration: An Evening with DeRay Mckesson
Wednesday, Jan. 18, 7 p.m, UNCG Auditorium
Artist talk: Eric Juth
Thursday, Jan. 19, Gatewood Studio Art Center Gallery
Exhibition opening, Photography of Bayard Wootten
Friday, Jan. 20, 5 p.m., GPS, Lewis Street
Men’s basketball vs. The Citadel – Faculty/Staff Appreciation game
Saturday, Jan. 21, 5 p.m.
Film/discussion: “Starving the Beast,” co-sponsored by Faculty Senate
Monday, Jan. 30, 6 p.m., EUC Auditorium
- College Republicans react to Trump inauguration
- Shooting at U of Washington as tensions grow over Milo Yiannopoulos speeches
- Tens of thousands of college students and professors march in Washington
- Pitt arts and sciences faculty divided over proposal to eliminate foreign language exemption
- Power Five leagues adopt new rules lessening time demands