Honoring her mother, with SECC

seccjenn2016For UNCG staff member Jennie Rikkola, the State Employees Combined Campaign (SECC) is a way for her to not only make a difference in the local community, but to honor her mother.

“This year, I am supporting ArtsGreensboro in memory of my mom,” said Rikkola, who serves as the assistant to the assistant dean in UNCG’s School of Nursing. “She was an amazing artist and passed her love of all things art to me.

Rikkola has served as a volunteer solicitor with the SECC for 13 years.

“I enjoy the interaction I have with my coworkers,” she said. “It feels good to be able to facilitate others in their participation.”

The SECC is an annual giving campaign that allows state employees to support a variety of charitable organizations in North Carolina. This year, UNCG hopes to raise $199,999 for charities across the state.

UNCG employees can pledge online using ePledge or via the paper pledge form. The ePledge site can only be accessed through the link in the email that all employees received last week.

For more information, visit secc.uncg.edu.

By Alyssa Bedrosian