SECC reaches halfway mark, with three weeks to go

Dr. Goldfarb

Dr. Goldfarb

UNCG’s 2016 State Employees Combined Campaign (SECC) has reached the halfway mark, with more than $100,000 raised for charities. The campaign’s goal is to raise $199,999 by the wrap-up event on Nov. 9.

Through the SECC, UNCG faculty and staff can select from more than 1,000 charities across the state, nation and world. Dr. Allan Goldfarb, a professor in the Department of Kinesiology, gives back to charities that have influenced him personally.

“My father died of cancer when I was a teenager, so I give to the American Cancer Society and other organizations that help detect and treat cancer,” he said.

Goldfarb encourages his colleagues to give to organizations that have touched their lives – or the lives of their family and friends – in some way.

“There are so many agencies that need support, and I’m sure that at least one or two of these organizations have impacted a staff or faculty member and their families,” Goldfarb said.

UNCG employees can pledge online using ePledge or via the paper pledge form.

For more information or to access ePledge, visit secc.uncg.edu.

By Alyssa Bedrosian