Mary Anderson (Associate Dean of Students, Dean of Students Office) received her Ph.D. in Educational Studies with a concentration in Higher Education Administration at the December 2016 Commencement Ceremony. Her research focused on first-year readjustment to family culture, including the roles of generation status and parental attachment on re-entry shock.
Campus Weekly is published each Wednesday when classes are in session. In the summer, it is published biweekly.
MLK Jr Celebration: An Evening with DeRay Mckesson
Wednesday, Jan. 18, 7 p.m, UNCG Auditorium
Artist talk: Eric Juth
Thursday, Jan. 19, Gatewood Studio Art Center Gallery
Exhibition opening, Photography of Bayard Wootten
Friday, Jan. 20, 5 p.m., GPS, Lewis Street
Men’s basketball vs. The Citadel – Faculty/Staff Appreciation game
Saturday, Jan. 21, 5 p.m.
Film/discussion: “Starving the Beast,” co-sponsored by Faculty Senate
Monday, Jan. 30, 6 p.m., EUC Auditorium
- Gates Foundation open-access policy goes into effect, joining others
- Rhode Island governor proposes two free years of public higher education
- Feds' data error inflated loan repayment rates on the College Scorecard
- Anthropology groups organize Foucault read-in for Inauguration Day
- Education Department announces thousands of new loan discharges