For the past six years on the first two days of classes, UNCG has seen a flood of lime green scattered around campus. Students wearing these lime green shirts are known as UNCG SPEARS. These student volunteers are placed all over campus to point the way for new students trying to navigate our campus. This past August, 197 students participated in the SPEARS initiative and were seen helping answer questions and guide students. Be on the lookout for more lime green January 17 and 18.
Campus Weekly is published each Wednesday when classes are in session. In the summer, it is published biweekly.
MLK Jr Celebration: An Evening with DeRay Mckesson
Wednesday, Jan. 18, 7 p.m, UNCG Auditorium
Artist talk: Eric Juth
Thursday, Jan. 19, Gatewood Studio Art Center Gallery
Exhibition opening, Photography of Bayard Wootten
Friday, Jan. 20, 5 p.m., GPS, Lewis Street
Men’s basketball vs. The Citadel – Faculty/Staff Appreciation game
Saturday, Jan. 21, 5 p.m.
Film/discussion: “Starving the Beast,” co-sponsored by Faculty Senate
Monday, Jan. 30, 6 p.m., EUC Auditorium
- Gates Foundation open-access policy goes into effect, joining others
- Rhode Island governor proposes two free years of public higher education
- Feds' data error inflated loan repayment rates on the College Scorecard
- Anthropology groups organize Foucault read-in for Inauguration Day
- Education Department announces thousands of new loan discharges